Who doesn’t love chocolate? Who doesn’t love breakfast? Who wouldn’t love Nutella stuffed French toast? It’s two great tastes that taste great together. No story, no sentiment. Just plain old goodness.
∞ Mother Butter
Nutella Stuffed French Toast © The Buttery Blog 2009
8 slices challah bread
Nutella to taste
cream cheese to taste
1/3 c. whole milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp butter
1) Spread 4 slices of bread with desired amount of Nutella. Be careful not to use too much or it could ooze out of the sides.
2) Spread 4 slices of bread with desired amount of cream cheese.
3) Pair up the Nutella covered slices with the cream cheese slices so that you have 4 “sandwiches”.
4) In a large container, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
5) Heat griddle or pan over medium high heat and add butter.
6) Dip “sandwiches” into egg batter one at a time . Make sure to cover both sides thoroughly with egg batter.
7) Place on griddle when butter is heated and foamy.
8 ) Cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
9) Serve immediately!