As you may know, I am having trouble making anything truly amazing in my crock pot. Usually the house smells amazing and the food is “meh.” When I made these ribs, the house didn’t smell like much, but these ribs are definitely the best thing I’ve made so far in the slow cooker. The meat was super tender and all the Asian flavors went together really well. This recipe comes from Recipezaar.
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
* 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
* 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* 2 tablespoons sake
* 1 tablespoon five-spice powder (I didn’t have this, so I added 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. ground cloves)
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 4 lbs beef back ribs or short rib of beef
1. Mix all ingredients except for ribs in crock pot.
2. Add the ribs one at a time, coating them with sauce and stacking them as you go.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
4. Remove ribs and pour sauce into a separate container.
5. Allow fat to separate and skim off of top (there will be quite a bit).
6. Return sauce to meat, and serve.